Living Sustainability represents all the actions we carry out within Aratubo’s sustainability strategy and demonstrates our involvement with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set out in the 2030 Agenda and the ten universal principles of the UN.
As a result of this strategy, the Global Sustainability Plan 2023 has been established, approved by the Aratubo Sustainability Committee at its meeting on 10 February.
The Global Sustainability Plan is the roadmap that sets out Aratubo’s sustainability objectives and actions for the year in terms of corporate governance and the organisation’s economic, social and environmental departments.
For this reason, when drawing up this plan, the recently revised commitments of Aratubo’s code of conduct, mission, vision and values were taken into account; as were the sustainability actions and results of previous years, the analysis of the current context, the identification and assessment of general risks and opportunities, as well as the needs and expectations of key stakeholders.
In 2023, we will continue to work on:
- developing the culture of sustainability within the company
- integrating the ten principles of the Global Compact and the SDGs in management
- reducing risks and seizing opportunities, taking into account the relevant issues
- voluntarily moving forward in the fulfilment of environmental and social requirements, which will be legally required in the future,
- Maintaining environmental certifications (ISO 14001 and ISO 50001), security (ISO 45001) and quality (ISO 9001 and IATF 16949)
- Respect for and promotion of human rights, a healthy business and professional development
- Innovation and responsible sourcing
- Digitalisation and cybersecurity
- Minimising our carbon footprint and progressing towards a circular economy
- Partnering with social initiatives
- transparency and information relating to sustainability
With the implementation of the Global Sustainability Plan 2023, whose actions go beyond what is required by law, we reinforce our firm commitment to sustainable development and belief in the transformative power of business to create a better world.